Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Jalapeno Poppers

On my last visit home, my mom gave me a jar of homemade pickled jalapenos from our neighbor down the street. In my quest to eat all thing spicy and use these wonderful pickled jalapenos I stumbled upon this:





Using this recipe for inspiration and guidance, I made tasty jalapeno poppers of my own!

Ingredients:
Jalapenos (fresh or pickled)
Crescent Rolls
Cream Cheese
Bacon

First, spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Then, roll out crescents and cut in half, making 4 triangles from each pair:


Then prep the rest of your ingredients. She suggests you chop the bacon before cooking, for me... this was a nightmare. Have you ever tried to cut bacon, pre-cooking? It was horrible. Next time, I will cook, then cut.



I also spooned out the cream cheese onto the center of the rolls, and took the seeds out of the jalapenos.




 Then, layer all of your ingredients


And take the three tips of the triangle, pull them up and twist them. Pinch together the sides so that the stuff doesn't ooze out.


Bake, at 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.




Enjoy! :)




1 comment:

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!