Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sunday Dinner

When I went grocery shopping last week, my grocery store had a few select meats on sale.

I was able to grab a beautiful bottom round roast with which to make my mom's roast and potatoes. I just love this meal, and it brings all the comforts of home to life. Usually my mom adds carrots to hers, but considering I don't eat much carrots, I didn't want to buy a pack, just to have them spoil.

This meal is made in the crock pot... making a super easy, fix and forget meal. Even better, my mom brought me a crock pot liner bag this weekend to test out on this meal! It made clean up a breeze, and I will be buying more!

For dinner:
Put roast in crock pot in the morning. I put my roast on just before I left for church. To keep it from drying out I added half of a cup of water, just in case. Here you can add anything you like, such as cream of mushroom soup.



That afternoon before going back to church I chopped up potatoes into about one inch pieces, and added them to the crock pot. Your potatoes take about two hours to cook.




So.. I forgot to take a completed meal picture... Sorry!!


Roast: cook in crock pot on low for about 8-10 hours, add potatoes 2 hours before desired meal time. ENJOY!

The crock pot bag made clean up so easy! After I put away the left overs and let the crock pot cool, I pulled the bag out. My crock pot was spotless, however I did wash it before putting it up... OCD, much?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!