Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Trust

So many times the devil gets us down... And so easily we let him. When I am most vulnerable is of course, that time of the month that Aunt Flo visits, and when I have an idle mind. As a person who usually goes 90-to-nothing all the time, on days when I just have time to sit and think, I must be careful to keep watch for the devil's snares.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

As I was driving home last night I began to ponder many things. Someone had said something unsettling to me, not something rude, just something I wasn't sure about. So I began to think on it... and mull over it. This, other events of my day, and my growing emotions got the best of me in that moment. As I began to think to myself: 'no one understands,' 'no one cares,' 'there is no one I can trust,' ... me, me me, selfishness, pity party!! Just as quick as the devil put theses thoughts into my head the Lord reminded me of a few lessons I have been learning lately and some past sermons and teachings at my church.

The devil is always there to take away our joy, to make us feel bad about ourselves, to tell us we are unworthy. He wants us to think that we are the only ones, all alone and worthless. However, Jesus Christ spent thirty-three years on this earth so that He could be our helper, the one in whom we put our trust, the one who understands all our pain.

Praise the LORD!! He is there for us to trust Him always! He CARES, He UNDERSTANDS! When we are lonely, HE is there to comfort us. In the end, there is no one else with which we should place our trust. The people, places and things of this world will always, 100% guaranteed, let us down or hurt us. But God's love never fails.

I stopped my thinking in that moment and praised God for His unending love and companionship. The fact that He is always there, never leaving us, just blew my mind. I am so thankful... so thankful for the opportunity to renew my trust in the Lord and to consciously work to always trust Him, no matter what. Praise Him for His infinite mercy and grace! I hope that you too can place your hope and trust in Him!

"Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth." Colossians 3:2

Lord,
I pray that you would help me dear God, and all those around me, near and far... look to you in times of trouble, in times of joy, in times of peace and in times of heartache. You are the one we can trust, the one who understands, the one we can place our hope in. Set our minds on the things above Lord, keep our focus on You. Fill us until we are overflowing with your grace, mercy and blessings. Help us Lord, to pour out these things on the people around us. Guide us Lord, comfort us and give us peace. Let yours be the only face we seek.
In Jesus' name I pray ~Amen

1 comment:

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!