Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Father's day weekend was great! I was able to make the trip home Friday night. After a long day of work I was so excited to get out of the car when I finally arrived at Donna's house. 190 miles is no joke. UGH. HAHA!

Friday night was spent hanging out with the fam. Donna and I chilled at her house waiting for Mom and Dad to leave the funeral home. Unfortunately, my dad's half sister died this past week, so our weekend turned from family fun to working around unfortunate circumstances. No matter, we had a great time and celebrated life. So, after the funeral home Donna and I went out to eat with Mom, Dad and some of our Aunts and Uncles. Have you ever had dinner with seven senior citizens? 90% of whom have hearing difficulty??? Oh my gosh... it was hilariously embarrassing. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE was yelling across the table at each other. And my dad, who is one of the worst, ended up being translator and repeating everything for everyone! What a night. Donna and I then went to the new yogurt shop, 32 degrees. I have to say it doesn't beat YoMo in Tuscaloosa, but it is a start for Troy. ;)

Saturday I was able to sleep until 7am!!! This, my friends, is a big deal!! I was so excited and my body appreciated the sleep too! Mom and I then lounged around, looked at coupons and got some things ready for Sunday dinner. My Aunt June came to visit and gather some fresh vegetables from our garden. It was so great getting to spend time with her... she means the world to me. I then had lunch with Mom and Dad and left to hang out with the bestie, Stephanie. We had a great time just catching up and chatting. We were up to no good after her boyfriend Bobby returned from ring shopping. We plundered his truck to find the ring... and find it we did! Don't worry! Stephanie didn't look, but she asked me to, so that we could make sure it wasn't just earrings. HAHA! After the relationships we have been through in the past, she needed the affirmation that the ring was real... and that is what I gave her. Boy, it is beautiful. *Side Note* I have decided through my past experience that I do not want to know about ring shopping or the idea of marriage in a young man's mind. I want to be totally and completely surprised. Never in my life would I have ever agreed to go through Bobby's truck.. but, this is Steff, and we have a special bond. It was an afternoon filled with excitement and I am so happy for her to have found that one true love. Those two are perfect for each other!! Saturday night I went out to eat with Mom and Dad and my second family. :) They, of course, had lots of questions about Hunter.. and I can't wait to bring him home for him to meet the family and friends.

Dad and his girls!
Sunday I went to church with my parents and then we were joined by my sisters and a few other family members for a wonderful father's day lunch. We then played with my niece, and opened Dad's presents. As I was packing and the rest of the family was heading to their respective homes, I got the phone call of a lifetime.. after missing the first one (I was DEVASTATED!!) Hunter was able to call again!!! They got a four hour pass on father's day!! After he had called and talked to his family he called me. We talked for a little over an hour.. and it was great!! It was so good to hear his voice, listen to his laugh and get a chance to actually TALK about what he had been up to. We laughed about how we are doing so many things backwards. I met his family without him, and this week my family will most likely meet his, without having even met their son. HAHA! I then made the drive home, unpacked, washed a few dishes and had dinner with Hannah and her family. It was a fun filled fast paced weekend. As are all my weekends spent traveling home... But I had a great time with my family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!