Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Whirlwind Week

WOW! What a week, and it is only Tuesday?! HAHA!!

This week I am the only office associate at work because my co-worker Cheryl is out this week to care for her daughter after a recent surgery. (Prayers are always appreciated, so far, so good!) I have been the only one here for a day or two every now and then.. but since I started this job back in August Cheryl hasn't been out for an entire week. Needless to say (or is it?) I was super excited about this week and having a lot to do at work! Having stuff to do makes the time pass so much faster! So I asked Cheryl if I could pick up the time sheets for her and get that done each day so she wouldn't come back to a weeks worth of time to enter. However, I have been asked to stay late and cover the phones.. so, in my last week of freedom before school starts... I am pulling 10 hour days. But, I am thankful for the opportunity for overtime and for the wonderful job that I have!

Each day I have been getting so much done! I love productivity. Yesterday was just great with only one minor hiccup at the end of the day. Today has gone well so far too! I mean, for me to pick up three crews time and having never done them before... I had the time finished by 7am!!! HOORAY!

Last night I drove over to Birmingham so that my friend Tori and I could have much needed girls time and retail therapy. This served as my last hoorah before classes start back and a small celebration just for the both of us. I met Tori at her apartment after work and we went to The Summit shopping center. We had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory... it was amazing!! And thanks to some awesome coupons we got a free piece of cheesecake! Dutch Apple Caramel Strussel Cheesecake to be exact... YUMMY!

After our wonderful dinner we went shopping at Anthropologie and New York & Company.  Tori and I were very disciplined in Anthro... only combing through the sale and clearance racks. Tori found an interesting top and asked me to try it on... so cute. It is definitely a part of their line that requires an undershirt. Today I am wearing it with a black camisole and black crop pants... check out my fashion adventures over at Mary-Anne's blog "Dream A Little Daydream".

I was specifically looking for a dress to wear to Hunter's graduation in August.. and after trying on many dresses I fell in love with a dress that I just picked up to try for fun! It is so cute.. yet I must keep you at bay.. I have vowed not to wear it until Hunter's graduation. I was so thankful to find it on sale at Anthro, and absolutely love it. My heart smiled thinking that is what I will be wearing the first time I see Hunter since the tornado. :)

I also found some great pieces at NY&C.. I bought dress black crops and a summer dress. I got each of these on sale and Tori and I scored some great finds, again with coupons! So.. my shirt from Anthro and crop pants made today's work outfit, and then a dress for whenever, and a dress for Hunter's graduation. One fabulous dinner, and a great night of fun and relaxation with a good friend. And, to top it all off, Hunter finally started receiving the letters I have been sending him. :)

This week is fully of many blessings, and it is only Tuesday. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for the rest of my week. I hope you are taking account of how He is blessing you this week. Here we go.. now, back to full swing of school and work. Let the madness begin!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you get to shop at anthro!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Only the sale racks... on very special occasions!

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!