Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cell Phones

Have any of your every changed your cell phone number, or lost all of you contacts in your phone?

When I moved to Tuscaloosa my poor cell service became significantly worse. Yeah, that's right... it went from bad, to worse.

Over the course of the last year and a half mom and I had been talking about me moving plans and getting my own phone line, outside of our family plan. It was a big jump, and would add a bill to my monthly financial costs. I researched and calculated and researched some more...

In the end, there was an overwhelming need for me to have a phone to communicate with my family, especially if there was an emergency.

So, I went and talked to a sales representative and then later that week, bought a phone, a plan and signed a contract. Overall, it has been a great decision. I am proud to boast I am one of the few people that can actually use my phone in Bryant Denny. ;) HAHA!

The night after I got my phone, I sent a mass text message to all my contacts, telling them my new number and asking them to text me their names... you know, the usual 'help-me-fill-my-contacts-list' message.

Here comes the awkward part. My mom took my old phone, and it is now hers. I included that in the message, but of course, not all people responded or payed attention. No biggie, just hilarious and awkward. Every now and then my mom will forward me a text... and of course, I have no idea who it is.. Then there is the awkward time when I text someone, and they don't respond, because they probably have no idea who I am.

In the end it is quite funny... and I have most of the numbers I need in my phone and a list of my old numbers typed up at my desk so that I can research the anonymous texts I receive. I always feel bad replying, 'I am sorry, I don't have your number saved... who is this?' I only have a few numbers memorized, and I wish I had more....

Do you still memorize people's phone numbers? Does it bother you to awkwardly reply... I have no idea who you are?

May your day be filled with many blessings from above.



1 comment:

  1. I can barely remember my own... haha That's why you memorize numbers for me :D

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!