Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Just call me 'Anna Clare' (Embarassing Moments) 2.0

Hunter was kind enough to purchase three Army themed shirts for me while he was at basic. When deciding what to wear to church Sunday night... I chose one of the shirts. This overjoyed Hunter, and his mind immediately devised a plan.

Hunter wanted to match to church. The shirt I had chosen was also one he owned. I thought, oh my.... I laughed and told Hunter I never wanted to be 'that couple'.... and that I laugh at couples who do that. So then, we made it a joke. How hilarious and out of character would it be?!

So he went home, changed into his shirt and a pair of pants almost the same color as my crop pants. When he got out of his car I thought... oh my goodness.

Some of the people at church loved it, others were, well... just plain rude. But in the end, we had fun being the crazy couple we are. As we were singing in church I 'sang' the words 'everyone is looking at us' to him.. and it was all we could to to keep from laughing. Our college minister was dying to take a picture, but we escaped her. ;) Before the sermon got started, I wrote on the back of Hunter's sermon notes, "Matching, a twin's worst nightmare."

Something I have avoided all my life, because I am a twin, is matching. When Donna and I would walk into the bathroom wearing the same thing, the one who put it on first got to keep wearing it.

We had a hilarious night at church and had a good time making those around us laugh. However, I was super embarrassed at times, and I am so glad we don't have picture proof! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!