Thursday, September 8, 2011

Abundant Blessings

This week I have been struck by so many blessings. Hunter and I are having a great time getting to know one another IN PERSON. There were times when I wondered if the bliss of the letter writing would still be real when he got home. Praise be to the Lord that I can say, he is. Hunter is a true blessing.

Now, this post may be... as my besty Mary-Anne and I say... "gagarrific" but I felt the need to post a little about how great God is and how He is blessing me.. especially in the small things.

Have you ever wanted something so badly, and never thought you would get it? You may think of big things, or little things.. maybe even random things. This may seems sad to you, but I take great joy in the small things in life... so here goes.

REWIND: Hunter brought me lunch to work, the week before he left for basic, and it was really sweet. It was the first time we ever hung out together.... so I guess our very first informal date. He texted and asked if I wanted to have lunch with him, when I told him I could not because my lunch break is only 30 minutes, he said that he would bring me something. I was overly flattered, to say the least.

Back to the story: New blessings...
  1. Hunter continues to bring me lunch on random days. It is so sweet, when he gets out of class he shoots me a text and asks what I would like for lunch.
  2. Hunter made my bed for me one afternoon, funny enough that he made it just like they make them do at basic (he is still a little brainwashed) but I was just thankful that he did something to help me! :)
  3. One Sunday after church we went to his grandparents house for a visit. I had slipped my shoes off at the house and was just enjoying our time there. When it was time for us to leave, before I could even think, Hunter had my shoes in his hands and was putting them on my feet, Cinderella style.
  4. Hunter killed a bug in my apartment. For those of you who know me, I am deathly afraid of bugs; so this, my friends is a BIG DEAL.
  5. Hunter randomly stops by to visit me while at work. To me this matters because he drops in just to say hi, or see how my day is going. I have longed for a friend/companion who cares enough just to stop by. It really makes my day.
  6. Hunter comes to my apartment on Wednesday's and makes sure I am ready to be at church at 7. I go at 7 for choir practice, and the college group meets at 8. Hunter comes to church with me at 7 and just sits around, just so that we can go to church together. It is a wonderful feeling having someone who wants to lead and having someone who wants to go to church with me.
Ok, so I will stop being gross and sappy. HAH! I hope and pray that all the small blessings in life become fully evident to you throughout the rest of the week and the coming days. Praise be to God for he blesses us beyond our imagination!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!