Monday, September 19, 2011

Game day

So, I am a fan of Alabama football, and have been, all my life. I believe that tried and true fans only exist in those who have experienced a true game day... the drive of the crowds on the quad, and the atmosphere of Bryant Denny looming over you.... it is majestic.

My roommates sister sent us some Sally Hansen nail strips from California, because the houndstooth print is so hard to find here in Tuscaloosa. So, since I wanted to procrastinate from homework, I decided to do my nails for the game.

Before I got started I watched this tutorial.


I laid out all the things I would need and opened all the packages.. I also read each direction. Yeah, I am a loser. I must say these were a lot easier than I expected. I was terrified it would be a one chance to place the nail and boom... you are destroyed. But I was actually able to pull up and replace the pattern if I didn't like where it landed the first time. :) YAY!

My only problem was having to use a nail file and cuticle stick... both of those things really bother me... Again, I know I am a loser... so I had a little trouble with that. If you have no problems using a nail file and cuticle stick GO FOR IT!


I put a clear coat over the top because I felt they needed it to 'seal' properly and not just peel right off of my nails. So, overall this was simple and fun... and made for a great game day look.


I have heard these are pretty expensive, and I am so thankful that Gabby's sister bought them for us! I had fun trying them. Unfortunately, I washed dishes and cleaned after I put these on.. I don't know if that contributed to the few mess ups I now have or not.. but the box says they last up to ten days.

I look forward to starting painting my nails more often. I have found many blogs and many cute tutorials. After years of band and sports I have never really painted my nails, and was never allowed to. I have painted my toes and tried various designs on them before, including an infamous confederate flag and American flag, when I was in high school. HAHA! So, here goes another new exploration, learning to paint my nails (and make it look good!).


These lovely Toms completed my houndstooth ensemble. I love the purpose of Toms, and when I saw these I just couldn't get them out of my mind. GREAT game day shoes!


ROLL TIDE!





1 comment:

  1. Love! See! I told you it would be easy! Happy your getting your Bear Bryant on! :D

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!