Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Just call me 'Anna Clare' (Embarassing Moments)

Just call me 'Anna Clare'. HAHA! Do you get embarrassed easily? I definitely do. Part of it has to do with my naivety and how gullible I am. When embarrassed, my face turns red as a beat and my skin gets hot. I cannot hide my emotion, and it is very obvious.

Times like these has been the source of a good laugh for many people for many years. And so, occassionaly I would like to share a moment or two with you.

Today I want to share an embarrassing moment of Hunter's, that directly involved me. Surprisingly I was not embarrassed at all and laughed it off. However, his eyes grew as wide a saucers and he continues to apologize.

Last Thursday Hunter and I stopped by his grandparents house for him to change out of his ACU's for the BCM Church tailgate. This was the first time I was able to go over there with him, so we took the opportunity for me to meet his father's parents.

Since Hunter returned from BCT/AIT we have laughed at the fact that he is bad at introducing me. I think he just honestly isn't used to me being there and he is still coming off the brain washing. Not that he won't introduce me, he just waits a little bit into the conversation to finally say, oh by the way, this is Keri. HAHA!So no biggie, if I don't remember the name of the person I am speaking to, I am not going to try to awkwardly introduce you either! ;)

Anyways, back to the story. Hunter and I walked in to his grandparents living room and he said, Hey, this is Anna Clare. His grandmother questioned and when I realized what he had said I was shocked and then doubled over in laughter! His eyes were as wide a saucers and he immediately apologized, said he had no idea what he was thinking and reintroduced me as Keri. HAHA! Whoa.

This has been the joke of the week when something goes wrong. Just call me 'Anna Clare'. Hunter and I returned to his grandparents on Sunday and he successfully reintroduced me, as Keri. Wound mended, time table restarted.

Have you ever done something complete mortifying?

I feel that this is the beauty of God's grace. We are human, guess what!? We aren't perfect! So many people judge so quickly and look so harshly at others when something goes wrong. However, how many times have you made a mistake today? Often times it is an honest mistake. Deal with it people, you are HUMAN!

Praise be to God for the forgiveness of all the times we wrong Him, whether we mean to or not. Praise God for His infinite mercy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!