Monday, August 8, 2011

10 days!

Wow... it has been a whirlwind past few weeks.

Last weekend my college group at church went white water rafting and camped out at the Ocoee in Tennessee. It was GREAT! I had never been rafting before... and it was a marvelous was to experience God's creation.

Last week was finals week. I took my final on Friday morning. By the grace of God I am finished with this four week class. It was definitely tough. The class went so fast, and we had so much homework every night. Fall classes should seem easy after this July term!

This weekend I went home to be with my family for the last time before school starts. This coming weekend I am working move in for work and the following weekend I will be in Arkansas with Hunter!! HOORAY!

Mom and I went shopping for the tax free holiday and had a good time just spending some time together. I got four great pieces that are very versatile and two new pair of shoes for work/every day. I don't have an over abundance to spend, and even if you do, key pieces that work in multiple ways are ALWAYS a good idea. I am proud to say I got everything I bought on sale, PLUS an extra percentage off!

I was also able to spend time with an old friend of mine that I haven't gotten to see much over the past year. It was nice to catch up, and to know that things between us haven't changed. Never have I known someone to go through so much, yet still take care of others before themselves. I am privileged to know her, and I praise the Lord for her.

I am looking forward to a semi-relaxing week ahead. I have two weeks off before school starts back. I hope to get my apartment cleaned, get caught up on some things I haven't had time to do, and just take a little time to do something for me.

Next week I get the ultimate vacation of a lifetime! I will be traveling to Arkansas, then Missouri for Hunter's graduation. 10 days left... oh how I can't wait to see him and spend time with him! We are so blessed to have come through this journey together. And I am so thankful for God placing him in my life. What a blessing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!