Saturday, August 13, 2011

Couponing

Ok, so I haven't been doing that great with my coupons. To be honest, I am just too busy. But I did make a commitment a few weeks ago to make sure to buy each Sunday's paper so that when I got started back I would have all the coupons I needed.

This week I needed a few personal care items that I had seen coupons for in the past two Sunday papers. So I went through my coupons, (thanks to my roomie for helping clip them!), and got out what I needed.

I go to SouthernSavers.com to help me organize my shopping trips and after price searching I decided CVS would be my best bet. So, with CVS store coupon ($2.00 off), Nivea coupon ($3.00 off) and a Softsoap coupon ($0.75) I was armed and ready to go.

My softsoap body wash was on sale at CVS and I ended up getting two Nivea chap sticks (love them) because my coupon was $3 off two. :)

I spent a total of $4.29 on my three items (each item easily costs that much on it own!) and saved a total of $7.64! I was so happy! I had a total of $5.75 in coupons and then saved more by buying items that were on sale! So, if you average it out, I paid $1.43 per item!

Now that is couponing at it's finest! I hope to continue to save money on every day items that I already use and hope to continue to have time to coupon! If you have never tried it, you should! Happy shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!