Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chaotic Afternoon

Yesterday, my afternoon turned to utter chaos. I was having a hectic day at work trying to get things done before the start of classes today. Hunter was able to come back with me on Sunday rather than driving down on Monday like originally planned. This threw a wrench into my surprise party planning... but thankfully it all worked out.

Here at UA I have an assigned advisor and a research advisor. My assigned advisor is very disorganized and rude. It makes me sick to have to go see him every semester.

Yesterday, I received an email from my advisor saying that he had been looking at my transcripts and that I must meet with him, that afternoon. After a series of emails discussing that I have to work and could only come at a certain time.. we finally found a time.. and the sickness was on. I was red hot stressed and physically nauseous. Yeah, I know... but he bothers me that bad.

After I got off of work I went by picked up my books and headed to my appointment. He was actually in his office at the time he said he would be and I was shocked! (Last time I waited for over an hour for him...) We met and discussed a lot of things, he said a lot of hurtful things and then completely redid my schedule, literally the day before classes start. After discussing this with an old friend who assured me it would all work out, I went to see my research advisor and tell him what had happened. They each have differing opinions of what I should take. My research advisor is who I trust, someone who remembers my name, and took the time to get to know what I wanted to do with my life, etc. My advisor can't even remember the name of the undergraduate university I attend, all the while hurling insults in my face about it.

Unfortunately, my academic advisor is who signs off on my graduation, so my research advisor and I were forced to comply with his wishes.. completely changing my schedule. Side note: My academic advisor had no suggestions for me on what to take this fall back in the spring when I met him for advising... that is why my research advisor scheduled my classes.

So, I went down to the computer lab, registered for the new list of classes that I was supposed to take and then returned to the secretaries to turn in the books I had just received and get books for my new schedule.

As I was walking out to my car, it hit me. No matter how crazy this seems, how scary it is to go from a plan you have had for a long time to suddenly throw that out the window.. God has a plan. This plan has been the theme of my life, especially since moving to Tuscaloosa. I have experienced the worst of utter chaos, and here I stand to tell about it. This, class change, was just another bump in the crazy road called life. God gave me and absolute calm and a sincere peace that He was turning things upside down again to protect me. In the end, God will provide and His provision is all I need.

I thought that was then end of my troubles for the day and I went to my apartment to get things ready for the party. Just when things couldn't be any crazier, the person who reserved the club house for me didn't do it correctly and I was out of a party venue. My sweet roommates agreed to frantically clean the apartment and have everyone at our apartment. Gabby and I were sure Hunter knew about the party... and that there would be no surprise.

To make another long, crazy story, short... Everyone made it to my apartment fine, there was plenty of food and fun, and Hunter was totally surprised. :) I am so thankful for my church family... what an amazing night, and Hunter was so thankful. We were able to celebrate him graduating, coming home and his birthday while he was at basic. What a great night.

In the end, God is our healer and provider, and no matter what chaos may be thrown our way... it all will work out, just the way God planned. PRAISE THE LORD!!




1 comment:

  1. Well...it count have been worse. He could have told you that you are out of luck and can't continue in the program! That didn't happen, so compared to that it was great news! :) Like you said, God is in control!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!