Monday, April 25, 2011

Date night

Good Morning to all! I haven't been able to update recently due to school being so crazy... However, I have a few things to catch you up on. About two months ago a young man who goes to my church asked my college minister to let him get to know me. I was very apprehensive at first... but after hanging out with him and the college group several times I found that he was a nice guy, and if nothing else... it didn't hurt to be friends. So I stopped completely avoiding this guy and three weeks ago he asked for my phone number. Starting that Monday we have texted and talked on the phone non-stop.

Friday night he took me on the best date I have ever been on. Wednesday night he asked if he could take me on a date on Friday. I told him yes and that was that. He worked all the details and told me everything would be a surprise. :)

He picked me up and we started driving. Me, not being from Tuscaloosa.. had no idea where we were going. As we turned on the road he asked if I could guess where we were going. Unfortunately, with my poor sense of direction, I didn't have a clue until we pulled into the parking lot. He took me to Cypress Inn, a beautiful riverfront restaurant with a great atmosphere and beautiful views and landscapes. He had reserved a table overlooking the river, and the view was spectacular.
This is a picture of the restaurant I found online... if you look at it, coming from the left of the picture, we sat at the third window from the end... near the corner. :) What a view. I had blackened tilapia that was just amazing! I can't wait to try my hand at a few tilapia recipes.



After dinner we again started driving... me, without a clue. He took me then to All Fired Up. A place where you can create, paint and fire your own pottery. it was fun picking a piece of ceramic and painting it just how I wanted it. I can't wait to get them back this week!!  It was so fun just creating whatever you wanted.. they even allow you to print out pictures so you can stencil them onto your ceramic. WHOA. I definitely started off with something simple... I just painted a cross.. and of course I painted it blue and green.

After this the night's surprises were over, and he asked me if I wanted to go watch a movie. It was having so much fun I didn't want the night to end. Saturday, after I went home to be with my family for Easter, he called and asked me to be his girlfriend. At first I was hesitant, but we discussed many things and I am at peace with the decision to say yes. He will be leaving for basic training in two weeks, but after that he will be here for good. He has promised to write me letters, and I can't wait. Honestly, how cool would it be to have letters to show your grand kids? People hardly ever write anymore... and I am excited for this opportunity to do so.

This week I am preparing for finals... I have a final Monday, May 2nd and Thursday, May 5th. I am starting to study this week... and hope and pray that I do well on each of them. I am stressed, but I know that I am blessed. Mary Allison's wedding is just around the corner!! Oh how much fun we will have. So.. here's to the next two weeks of non-stop craziness. I pray each of you have a blessed week!

2 comments:

  1. 1) Check you out with your new love of tilapia.

    2) I'm excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!