Friday, April 8, 2011

Church League Softball

Yesterday at work Clint and I were talking about his church league softball game... and he invited me to come. I have a special place in my heart for church league softball. It takes me back to the good old days with Mt. Pleasant... when friends were close and times were different. Boy, do I miss the Mt. Pleasant years.

Hannah, a girl from my church, went with me to the game. Lucky for us Ridgecrest had a game right after! Clint played amazingly and was his usual crazy self on the field. It was great to see that he acts just as crazy outside of work as he does at work. Clint came and talked to me after the game and it was great. Ridgecrest won their game also!

I love the sense of family that I get from my coworkers. My car battery died Monday, and my coworkers took care of me. Whether is was coming to my apartment to jump me off for work, checking out my car at work, working on my car that afternoon and then getting me where I had to go so that my car could be fixed at the end of the day... WOW. I truly work with the best guys in the world.

A lot of times I feel terribly alone up here. And I really am, I left all my friends and family behind to pursue my dreams of graduate school at Alabama. However, God has so richly blessed me with a wonderful job and AMAZING coworkers. The 80 Building Maintenance guys are my family, and my College group at church are my friends. Tuscaloosa is God's country, and I love it here. I couldn't be more thankful for my coworkers and church friends. Without them... I wouldn't be able to make it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!