Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bachelorette Weekend

This past weekend my friends Jackie, Lori and I celebrated Mary Allison's upcoming wedding with a Bachelorette Party. Each of us traveled down to Gulf Shores and spent the weekend in a family beach house!! OH SO MUCH FUN! Haha! Jackie and I had the worst of luck getting to Gulf Shores....

Friday the weather in Tuscaloosa was terrible. Many peoples homes were destroyed or damaged from the Tornadoes. Rather than leaving at 3pm like originally planned I camped out at my apartment and waited for the storms to subside. I finally got on my way around 6pm... and I set my GPS and continued on. It was still storming and at times I couldn't even see the road in front of me.. What a trip, I know. So, I put my faith in my GPS to get me there... boy... was I in for a surprise.

Eventually... I ended up where this red X is... at Dauphin Island... However, I needed to be at the red dot... in Gulf shores. My GPS wanted me to take the ferry across.. however, the ferry isn't open at 10pm. To my dismay I realized what was happening and turned around.. reset my GPS and carefully inspected the route. I was finally headed in the right direction. I traveled back up Mobile county and down Baldwin until I finally arrived at the beach house. This weekend was an adventure already.

Saturday was a fun filled day as well... Jackie leaped tremendous hurdles to get there while Lori, Mary Allison and I cooked brunch. We ate and went out to the beach. Due to the recent storms the wind was blowing like CRAZY! The sand stung as it hit your skin... so we retreated to the pool. We had a great time relaxing and chatting by the pool. After our fun in the sun we went to dinner, played a round of putt putt golf and went to Cold Stone for ice cream. It was so great hanging out with girls that I don't get to see anymore. I truly miss these girls.. and I can't wait for the wedding so that we can spend three more days together.

What a great weekend... yes, obstacles had to be overcome to get there.. but in the end we each had a great time. I can't wait to do it again! Jackie... that means it's baby time! HAHA!


1 comment:

  1. You'll be one of the 1st to know! I love your map. I promise that you don't have to take a ferry to get to Gainesville. :)

    ReplyDelete

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!