Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Snail Mail

Snail mail makes my day!

Checking my mail has been different since Hunter returned from basic and AIT. I have been working on the urge to run to the mailbox every time I get home... I keep reminding myself, "Hunter is here.. you can actually talk to him now"!

Yesterday, I checked my mail with no real expectations except maybe some junk mail. To my surprise I had received two unexpected pieces of mail!


One from Lauren in Afghanistan and one from my friend Stacey. Stacey goes to school in Mobile now, but I met her in Troy. She has sent me random things throughout my time in Tuscaloosa just to keep in touch, like this precious gem!



Made by Stacey :)

What sweet friends!

Lauren's mail takes a while to get here, as does mine to her... but it is so fun being able to communicate with her in this way. 6 months until my girl comes home! Here is a picture of the letter she sent, it brought me to tears... she means the world to me. Letters sure do take a beating when they travel so far.




I am so thankful for these girls and many others in my life who truly care and make it known. God bless them! Praise the Lord for them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!