Thursday, May 19, 2011

Make-Up

What is your daily make-up routine... do you change make-up from day to night? Who taught you how to do your make-up?

Growing up in a household where my mother wore little to no make-up learning about make-up wasn't the easiest. For most of my life I have been a plain and simple kind of girl. Just a little foundation or powder, mascara and cap stick. Done.

In pictures and just in everyday life I have noticed how, for lack of a better word, 'flat' my face looks. I have to wear foundation/powder daily; my skin tone and complexion are not great.. so this evens out my skin tone. I use mascara because my hair is red, without it I look as if I have no eyelashes, and most days have no eyebrows. HAHA

So with the help of a few friends and a lovely lady at church, I have a collection of colors that are 'good for my skin and hair colors/tones'. Now.. I don't necessarily know how to use these or what to do with them.. but I am going to try. I have been given blush and eye shadows. I have started using eye liner because it makes my eye lashes look thicker. Does that make sense? Rather than thin sticks of colored lashes, they now have a base of which the seemingly bounce off of, making them appear darker and thicker, without globs of make-up.

I am not a fan of a fake face or too much make-up.. I would like to keep my simple look as it is. However I understand that my look could use a boost of color. So I am trying a subtle hint of blush and eye shadow every other day or so... we will see how it goes. I have learned over the past year that I am intensely afraid of color. I have always been told because of my red hair I should watch out for colors. And many people have made a comment of the slight red tint in my face. I don't want to look like a clown, I just want to be a professional young lady, put together and taken care of.

How do you wear your make-up? Who taught you about make-up and what do you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!