Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

What a weekend!

I had a great time at home just spending time with family. I was finally able to rest and just enjoy some time at home. It was truly therapeutic, and I felt like a new person today at work. I did two chapters worth of work for my research while home, so I can say it was a somewhat productive weekend as well.

Upon arriving back to Ttown I discovered my jump drive had been damaged... aka: it was no longer showing up on my computer. I vowed to check it on my work computer today and stressed about the 5 years worth of information stored on the drive.

Since my computer crashed my junior year of college, I have been terribly afraid to save anything to my laptop.... and have since, been saving everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, to my jump drive. Now that I have my mac I am able to save things to my computer without worry, however, I just hadn't done it yet. The ability to move freely with all documents in hand was just too alluring.

Unfortunately, when I inserted the drive into my work computer the results were not good. Nothing... again. My drive was in fact fried and there was nothing I could do about it. Thankfully, by the grace of God, my research professor has been asking me to move all my documents to Google Docs, so that we can work simultaneously. Little did I know this would be a HUGE blessing!! Thanks to this, all my research has been recovered.

This past week I have been diligently working on updating my resume for my boss, and other things. And that was lost as well. Praise be to the Lord, AGAIN, that I am a math person, and seek advice from those better suited at English than I. I had recently emailed my resume to a friend for a quick look of approval.... Yes, I did lose the most recent changes, but I didn't have to start from scratch! I was able to redo my changes today, and get my resume where it needed to go.

The Lord has blessed me so richly with my job. I cannot thank Him enough for it!

Also, Hunter was granted a pass this weekend, and I was so happy for it! He wrote a sweet post on my facebook and we were even able to talk on the phone for about 15 minutes. What a blessing! Have I told you how GREAT my God is??

I start up another round of class tomorrow, while continuing to work on my research. I am nervous about being so busy again... but I seriously just have to put my foot down and do it. This will be the toughest four weeks of my life, adding on this summer class... but I am trusting God to protect, strengthen and provide... in just a year, I will be graduating with my Masters degree! Wow how time flies.

Many decisions and opportunities are crossing my path right now... I pray that God give me the strength and guidance to discern what is His will for my life and my professional career. I only want to do what He has for me... because, I know if I am in His will, I will be truly happy!

Prayers and blessings to each of you! I hope you had a happy and relaxing 4th of July. Praise the Lord for all those who have fought and will fight for our country's freedom.. and Praise the Lord for our founding father's faith in Him.. may He 'draw us close to Him' yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!