Monday, November 22, 2010

The touch of God's hand

I have a devotional I would like to share with each of you... I ready this Thursday night after the Alabama game.. and just felt it was so appropriate and so relevant to our daily lives...
(***Small side note, all Bible passages are from 'The Message', I encourage you to look them up and study them in multiple versions.***)

1 Timothy 5:12-13 - By breaking thier word, they're liable to go from bad to worse, frittering away thier days on empty talk, gossip and trivialites.
Luke 16:10-12 - If you're honest in small things, you'll be honest in big things; If you're a crook in small things, you'll be a crook in big things. If you're not honest in small jobs, who will put you in charge of the store?
Reflect: Small things matter. Little things add up, like the money I spend at Starbucks and the time I invest my PlayStation. Usually I think only some big sin can trip me up, that a big, bad 'Thou shalt not' is what gets in my way of being completely faithful to God. But it's the little things that show where my affections lie. If I spend more time preparing for a fantasy baseball draft than seeking God's direction for my life, then something deep down inside of me isn't right. When the trivial takes priority over the important, my life needs to change.
Fast: Today, fast from the trivial. For the rest of the day, do without things that don't really matter. Instead of watching a mindless movie or playing solitaire on your computer, use that time to read the Bible and pray. Give the money you would spend on a latte to missions or to someone who wouldn't have a meal otherwise. Find a way to use the money, time, and energy you would normally spend on the trivial to do something important, something that matters, something that will last longer than getting to the second level on Halo 2.
This was taken from my devotional book '7 Minutes with God'






It is so true, how often do we, especially as college students forget the important in life and become bogged down with school, work, band, video games, and just life in general. Do we really take time to thank and acknowledge the one who has given us all that we have? Our one and only Savior is just hoping and praying for our attention... I as well as anyone know that sometimes I pack my life so full that sometimes it is hard to take a time out to just praise and adore my God. I feel that this is something each of us need to evaluate and rework in our lives.

I pray that each and every one of you have a blessed and marvelous day, that the Lord my astound you with His blessings, and that you take the time to visit with Him a while. God loves you so much, and look at all He has given us. I am truly blessed to call each of you my friends and I pray that He continues to lead and guide us through this crazy world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop and stay awhile, I appreciate your comments!